Check Out Library Materials
The Arthur Lakes Library is open to the public, however some services are only available to Mines students, faculty, and staff.
Who can check out material?
- Mines students, faculty, and staff with a valid Blastercard.
- Members of the Alumni Association residing in Colorado.
- Patrons of libraries with reciprocal borrowing agreements.
- Patrons who purchase a membership: (cash or check only)
- Individual Patron $45.00/yr
- Corporate Patrons:
2-5 cardholders $100.00/yr
6-25 cardholders $500.00/yr
26 plus cardholders $1,000.00/yr
How long can material be checked out?
- Undergraduate students - Check out is 21 days with 5 renewals.
- Graduate students - Check out is 60 days with 5 renewals.
- Faculty or staff - Check out is 60 days with 5 renewals .
- All other members - Check out is 21 days with 3 renewals.
Any checked out item can be recalled by a Mines student , faculty or staff resulting in a 21 day minimum loan period.
How many items can I check out?
- Students & Faculty can check out 60 items at one time.
- All other patrons can check out 30 items at one time.
Reference materials, journals, and special collection items do not check out.
- Instructors place material "on reserve" for their students at the Front Desk.
- Reserves have shorter check out times,
- Reserves have heavier fines: $3.00 per hour
How do I renew my books?
- To renew online go to the Login to My Library Card.
- To renew in person see Front Desk staff during open hours.
- Or you can email us.
Why can't I check out or renew materials?
- Your books are more than 30 days overdue.
- You have fines of $5.00 or more.
- Another patron has requested an item you have checked out.