Russell L. & Lyn Wood Mining History Archive
Telling the story of mining through technology, resources and people
About the Archive
The Russell L. & Lyn Wood Mining History Archive was established in 1995 by former Mines Board of Trustees member Russell L. Wood and his wife, Lyn. We support research on the history of mining, with emphasis on Colorado, the US West, and technology. Subjects include:
- Technology of mining
- Related industries (blasting, mineral processing, safety, transportation, etc.)
- Environment, land use
- Economic and human aspects of the mining industry
- History of the Colorado School of Mines.
Search the Library Catalog
Collection Guides [in progress]
- Colorado School of Mines.
- Clark Bailey Carpenter Collection. Correspondence between School of Mines Professor Carpenter and his former students, 1942-1946.
- Cement Bill Williams Collection. Documents the career of Cement Bill Williams, a self-taught civil engineer, in Golden, Colorado, 1890-1945.
- Colorado Grand Cañon Mining & Improvement Company Collection, 1891. Reproductions documenting the Company's formation and the Best Expedition, 1891.
- Robert D. Hoffman Collection. Working papers of Robert Hoffman, mining geologist.
- LeRoy Photographs. Photographs of abandoned mining properties, ranches and communities in Colorado, ~1970s.
- Mine Reports Collection. Reports and maps on (mostly) Colorado mineral properties, built around a core collection from the USBM Mine Map Repository Program.
- Mining and Metallurgical Journal. Volumes 15-23 (mostly complete), 1896-1900.
- Morse Brothers Equipment Catalogs