Engineering Practices Introductory Course Sequence (EPICS)
Need research help?
1) Visit the EPICS Librarian, Brianna Buljung, in her office in the Library--Room 270A.
2) Stop by EPICS / NHV Library Office Hours - Tuesdays, 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM on the main floor of the library
Can't make it then?
- Contact Brianna directly
- See the librarian on duty at the Information Desk,
- Request a Research Help appointment,
- Or complete our Ask a Librarian form.
Food Deserts Library Session (Fall 2016)
Evaluating Sources Worksheet
Team Assignments -- Articles and websites to be evaluated
Quick Help slides-- accessing library resources
Getting Started with Urban Agriculture Information
Informal Urban Agriculture: the Secret Lives of Guerrilla Gardners –- EBOOK
Eat here: Reclaiming homegrown pleasures in a Global Supermarket -- S571.5 .H34 2004
Colorado Gardening –- EBOOK
GreenFile -- Popular and scholarly journals in related to agriculture, human ecology and sustainable development. Provides some full text.
Environmental Sciences and Pollution Management -- popular and scholarly articles, reports and more
Library Catalog-- Books, full-text articles, maps, e-books, government publications, and more. Sign in for more results.
Academic Search Premier -- Popular and scholarly journals in multiple disciplines. Provides some full text.
Academic OneFile -- Popular and scholarly journals in multiple disciplines. Provides some full text.
Engineering Village (Compendex & Inspec) -- Scholarly and research literature in engineering including civil, mechanical, aerospace, automotive, and industrial.
Google Scholar -- Scholarly publications in multiple disciplines. Links to our full text resources if you're on the campus network.
Prospector (regional catalog)
Library guide to finding books
- A Guide to Writing as an Engineer T11 .B396 2009 (most recent edition available at the Front Desk)
- Escape from the ivory tower: A guide to making your science matter Q223 .B37 2010
- How to write & publish a scientific paper T11 .D33 1998
- How to write and publish engineering papers and reports T11.M418 1990
- The scientist's handbook for writing papers and dissertations T11 W48 1991
- Writing Guidelines for Engineers and Science Students. Online Resource.
- Mines Writing Center
- Beautiful Evidence P93.5 .T837 2006
- Beyond Bullet Points: Using Microsoft Office PowerPoint to Create Presentations that Inform, Motivate, & Inspire Internet Resource
- Presentations for Librarians -- Do not let the name stop you. Useful suggestions for approaching your presentation, the use of color and fonts, and presentation design.
- Presentation Tips
- Scientific Papers and Presentations T11 .D324 2005
- Technically Speaking: A Guide for Communicating Complex Information T10.5 .D37 1998
- Giving a Presentation (short video with tips on good and bad presentation techniques)
- Oral Communication Excellence for Scientists and Engineers Based on Executive Input: Internet Resource
- Dress Smart Women: Wardrobes that Win in the New Workplace TT507 .G74 2002
- Look, Speak, & Behave for Men: Expert Advice on Image, Etiquette, and Effective Communication for the Professional HF5386 .Y34 2007
- Look, Speak, & Behave for Women: Expert Advice on Image, Etiquette, and Effective Communication for the Professional HF5386 .Y345 2007
- And for extreme dress code + humor -- Burleson Consulting's Professional Dress Code Tips.