Check Out Library Materials
The Arthur Lakes Library is open to the public.
Who can check out material?
- Mines students, faculty, and staff with a valid Blastercard.
- Members of the Alumni Association residing in Colorado.
- Patrons of libraries with reciprocal borrowing agreements.
- Patrons who purchase an annual membership:
- Individual Patron $45.00
- Corporate Patrons:
2-5 cardholders $100.00
6-25 cardholders $500.00
26 plus cardholders $1,000.00
How long can material be checked out?
- Undergraduate Students - 21 days (with 5 automatic renewals) for a maximum of 105 days.
- Graduate Students, Faculty and Staff - 60 days (with 5 automatic renewals) for a maximum of 300 days.
- All Others (Alumni, CSM Departments, Members, Reciprocal Borrowers) - 21 days (with 3 automatic renewals) for a maximum of 63 days.
Any checked out item can be recalled by a Mines student, faculty or staff after 3 weeks.
How many items can I check out?
- Mines community - 60 items.
- Other patrons - 30 items.
- Instructors place material "on reserve" for their students at the Front Desk.
- Check out times vary from 2 hours to 7 days.
- Overdue reserve materials are fined at $3.00/hour (maximum $10.00).
How do I renew my books?
- Renewals are now automatic for all individuals. Check "My Account" to see the status of your checked-out items.
- See the Library Front Desk.
- Email us.
Why can't I check out or renew materials?
- Your account may be blocked due to fines or overdue materials.
- Another patron has requested an item you have checked out.