Check Out Library Materials
The Arthur Lakes Library is open to the public, however some services are only available to Mines students, faculty, and staff.
Who can check out material?
- Mines students, faculty, and staff with a valid Blastercard.
- Members of the Alumni Association residing in Colorado.
- Patrons of libraries with reciprocal borrowing agreements.
- Patrons who purchase a membership: (cash or check only)
- Individual Patron $45.00/yr
- Corporate Patrons:
2-5 cardholders $100.00/yr
6-25 cardholders $500.00/yr
26 plus cardholders $1,000.00/yr
How long can material be checked out?
- Undergraduate Students - Check out is 21 days with 5 renewals for a maximum of 105 days (renewals are automatic - you do not need to renew your loaned materials).
- Graduate Students - Check out is 60 days with 5 renewals for a maximum of 300 days (renewals are automatic - you do not need to renew your loaned materials).
- Faculty or Staff - Check out is 60 days with 5 renewals for a maximum of 300 days (renewals are automatic - you do not need to renew your loaned materials).
- All Others (Alumni, Department, Members and Reciprocal Borrowers) - Check out is 21 days with 3 renewals for a maximum of 63 days.
Any checked out item can be recalled by a Mines student , faculty or staff resulting in a 21 day minimum loan period.
How many items can I check out?
- Students & Faculty can check out 60 items at one time.
- All other patrons can check out 30 items at one time.
Reference materials, journals, and special collection items do not check out.
- Instructors place material "on reserve" for their students at the Front Desk.
- Reserves have shorter check out times,
- Reserves have heavier fines: $3.00 per hour
How do I renew my books?
Mines Students, Faculty, Staff and Alumni, and Library Member and Reciprocal Borrowers
- As of March 2017 renewals are automatic for Mines Undergraduate Students, Graduate Students, Faculty, Staff and Alumni, and Library Member and Reciprocal Borrowers. You need not take any actions to renew your loaned materials. Please return materials before or when the maximum loan time has been reached.
- To renew in person see Front Desk staff during open hours.
- Or you can email us.
- To renew online go to the Login to My Library Card (contact the Front Desk for information on how to activate online renewal)
Why can't I check out or renew materials?
- Your books are more than 30 days overdue.
- You have fines of $5.00 or more.
- Another patron has requested an item you have checked out.