Interlibrary Loan Borrowing
Who is qualified to request materials?
- Current Mines students, faculty, and staff,
- Current Library members, and
- Colorado School of Mines Alumni Association members who are residents of Colorado and holders of a Mines Library Card.
How do I place requests to borrow materials?
Check the Library catalog first, then make a request via:
- Request form
- E-Mail, phone or fax - Include the complete citation and your personal information (name, contact phone number, CWID, etc.).
- Database-specific forms - Materials may be ordered through numerous electronic journal databases (such as WorldCat). Once in a database, please follow on-screen instructions. Further assistance is available at Library Reference.
What will it cost?
Cost will include Sales Tax where applicable.
- We try to get the material at no charge. If that's not possible, you will be notified of the cost.
- Materials obtained out-of-state often have a fee.
- Alumni and Members are charged $10.00 per item in addition to any fees charged to us by other libraries.
Paying for Interlibrary Loan
- Materials must be paid for before they can be picked up.
- Cash, checks and major credit cards accepted.
- Interlibrary loans may be charged to departments; with a designated fund manager's signature.
How do I know if my request is still on order?
- Log into your Interlibrary loan account.
Will I be contacted if my request isn't filled?
- Yes. You will be contacted by email with an explanation of why it wasn't filled.
How long can I keep items from another library?
- Loan period may vary depending on loaning library policies.
Can my items be renewed?
- Some items may be renewed. Contact the Interlibrary loan office.