Resources for the Public
The Arthur Lakes Library is open to the public. However, some of our resources are available only to Mines students, faculty and staff.
Collections & Resources Available to the Public
Databases and e-publications (most) -- Accessible only on site via the Library's public computers.
Open print collections
- You must have a valid library membership or reciprocal library card to check out materials.
- Special collections, including the Russell L. & Lyn Wood Mining History Archive, have use restrictions and may be available only by appointment.
- Staff can assist you with collections and equipment at the Information Desk on the 2nd floor.
- Librarians can help you with research during business hours on weekdays as available, or contact us for an appointment.
- Staff Directory
- Ask a Librarian
Public Computers, WiFi & Printing
- Acceptable Use of Public Computers Policy
- Library Internet Use Policy
Text only version
- Not available -- Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Any cloud-based document editor, such as Office 365 or Google Docs, can be utilized
- Please be aware that external drives (i.e., USB drives) cannot be read by the public computers, but you can save to them
WiFi -- CSMguest wireless network is available with a valid e-mail address. Note: CSMguest does not provide access to subscribed e-journals, e-books or databases.
Downloading and Printing (b&w) -- E-content from the Web can be downloaded to your USB flash drive or printed from a library public computer for a fee.
Benefits of Membership:
- Check out circulating materials.
- Request materials from Interlibrary Loan. Note: There is an additional fee.
Check Out Library Materials policies and membership costs.
- You must be a Colorado resident.
- Alumni -- Current members of the Colorado School of Mines Alumni Association (residing in Colorado) have a free membership.
- Contact the Front Desk.