Scholarly Communications Librarian
Emily is the Scholarly Communications Librarian at Colorado School of Mines, where she supports faculty and students throughout the research lifecycle and promotes Open Science. She went to Denison University for her undergraduate degree and earned her Masters of Library and Information Science at the University of Denver. While working toward her Masters, Emily worked at the University of Denver and the University of Colorado Boulder.
She spends her free time hiking, skiing, playing tennis, golfing, and exploring new breweries. You can also find Emily at the Mines Rec Center teaching workout classes.
- Masters of Library and Information Science, University of Denver
- Bachelor of Arts in International Studies and Art History, Denison University
- Bongiovanni, E., Buljung, B.B. (2020). “Launching a Mini-Grant Program to Incentivize Open Educational Resource Development for STEM Disciplines.” Paper and poster to be presented at 2020 ASEE Annual Conference & Exposition, Montreal, Quebec, CAN, June 21-24, 2020.
- Bongiovanni, E., Battelle, T., Zecca, E. (2019). Developing a Personalized Institutional Repository Framework: How the Colorado School of Mines adapted repository certification criteria around local needs. Paper presented at the 8th International Conference on Emerging Global Trends in University Library Development, Astana, Kazakhstan, June 6-7, 2019.
- Matusiak, K. K., Assefa, S., Bongiovanni, E., Naumov, A. (2018). Immigrant information seeking behavior in everyday life: Photovoice study. Poster presentation at the International Federation of Library Associations (IFLA) World Library and Information Congress, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, August 26-27, 2018.
- American Society for Engineering Education
- Colorado Open Scholars