Brianna B Buljung
Teaching & Learning Librarian
As the Teaching & Learning Librarian, Brianna coordinates the Library’s information literacy program. She collaborates with classroom faculty to integrate information literacy instruction into the curriculum, teaches sessions, develops policy and supports the efforts of other instruction librarians. Prior to joining Mines in 2016, she was the Engineering & Computer Science librarian at the US Naval Academy and a contract reference librarian at the National Defense University. She earned her Master’s in Library and Information Science from the University of Denver in 2011. Her current research interests include: information literacy pedagogy, flipped instruction in engineering design, the role of information literacy in first year curriculum and library support for military and veteran populations.
- Masters of Library and Information Science, University of Denver
- Bachelor of Arts in History, Colorado College
- Buljung, Brianna B. and Light, Leslie. “Using a Flipped Lesson to Improve Information Literacy Outcomes in a First Year Design Class.” 2018 ASEE Annual Conference & Exposition, June 24-27, 2018, Salt Lake City, UT, ASEE, https://peer.asee.org/31193
- Buljung, Brianna B. “On the Shoulders of Giants: LibGuides and Scholarship as Conversation.” Presentation at the Springshare booth, ALA Denver Midwinter Meeting & Exhibits, February 9-13, 2018, Denver, CO. https://calendar.springshare.com/event/3960645
- Buljung, Brianna B. and Johnson, Catherine R. “Up Against the Clock: Migrating to LibGuides v2 on a Tight Timeline.” Information Technology and Libraries, vol. 36, no.2, 2017, pp. 68-86. https://doi.org/10.6017/ital.v36i2.9585
- Buljung, Brianna B. and Cooper, Karen G. “iPads, Kindles and Tablets, Oh My: Using a Technology Petting Zoo to Teach about Downloadable Books.” Library High Tech News, vol. 30, no. 1, 2013, pp. 5-7. https://doi.org/10.1108/07419051311320913
- Buljung, Brianna B. and Cooper, Karen G. “Androids, Apps and eResources: Using a Technology Petting Zoo to Teach about Downloadable eBooks.” Breakout session at Catholic University SLIS Symposium, February, 2013, Washington DC.
- Buljung, Brianna B. et al. “iPads, Kindles and Tablets, Oh My: Using a Technology Petting Zoo to Teach about Downloadable Books.” Poster presented at the Joint Poster Session, Special Libraries Association Annual Conference, July, 201, Chicago, IL. Winner of Best Poster award.
- Buljung, Brianna B. “From the Foxhole: American Newsmen and the Reporting of World War II.” International Social Science Review, vol. 86, no. 1/2, pp. 44-64.
- Colorado School of Mines Committees:
- First Year Experience, 2017-present
- Standards for Online Education at Mines, 2018-present
- Library, HASS, Writing Center STEAM Initiative, 2017-present
- Member, Association of College & Research Libraries, 2016- present
- Member, American Library Association, 2016 – present
- Member, American Society for Engineering Education, 2012 – Present
- Engineering Librarians Division, Marine Engineering Division, Military and Veterans Division
- Strategic Doing: Innovation Committee (2015 – 2017)