Systems Architecture and Web Services Librarian
Patrick joined the faculty in 2019. Before coming to Mines, he was the Digital Experience Manager at the Jefferson County Public Library (JCPL), where he led initiatives to improve and integrate discovery and communication infrastructure, most notably two website redesigns and a platform migration of the library catalog. While at JCPL, he also launched Jeffco Stories, a digital oral history project collecting interviews from across Jefferson County.
Patrick has been a guest lecturer at the Syracuse University iSchool and has presented and published on a range of topics including content strategy, user-centered design frameworks, project management and digital publishing.
- M.S. Library and Information Science, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
- M.A. English, Temple University
- B.A. Literature, Bard College
Selected Presentations & Publications
- Farrell, P. (2017). Intranets for Humans. Presented at Designing for Digital, Austin, TX
- Farrell, P. (2016). Writing on the Web: Writing as Design. Presented at Designing for Digital, Austin, TX
- Johnson, K.,et. al. (2012). "Collaborative virtual reference really does work, but it takes a tribe". In Radford, M. L. Leading the reference renaissance: Today's ideas for tomorrow's cutting-edge services.
- Scrum Alliance