Metadata Initiatives Librarian
Amy joined the Mines faculty in 2018 as the Metadata Initiatives Librarian. She was previously the Statewide Collaborative Programming Coordinator at the Colorado State Library, where she managed social media and supported the Plains to Peaks Collective, the Colorado-Wyoming Service Hub of the Digital Public Library of America. Before that she was the Technical Services Librarian and cataloger at Boulder Valley School District. Amy earned her MLIS from the University of Denver, specializing in Resource Description and Access and completing a music cataloging practicum at CU Boulder. She was the instructor for Information Access and Retrieval, a cataloging course for school librarians at CU Denver. Before becoming a librarian, Amy earned undergraduate and graduate degrees in music from Washington State University. She is a graduate of the Colorado Association of Libraries Leadership Institute (CALLI), and has presented on topics ranging from cataloging to communications.
- Master of Library and Information Science, University of Denver
- Master of Arts in Music, Washington State University
- Bachelor of Music, Washington State University
- Hitchner, Amy. “Marketing Basics: A Beginner’s Guide to Promoting Your Library’s Valuable Resources.” Presentation. Colorado Interlibrary Loan Conference, 19 Apr. 2018, Fort Collins, CO.
- Hitchner, Amy. “Getting Started with Social Media for Your Library.” Webinar. WebJunction, 24 Oct. 2017, https://www.webjunction.org/events/webjunction/getting-started-with-social-media.html.
- Hitchner, Amy. “It’s Not Too Late! Create a Basic Marketing Plan for Your Summer Learning Program that You Can Implement Right Away.” Presentation. CSL Share & Learn, 8 Dec. 2017, Greeley, CO.
- Hitchner, Amy. “Leading Doesn’t Have to Be Loud.” Webinar. CSL in Session, 22 Mar. 2016, https://cslinsession.cvlsites.org/past/leading-doesnt-have-to-be-loud/
- Hitchner, Amy. “Flipping the Professional Development Model for Librarians.” Presentation. Colorado Association of Libraries Conference, Oct. 2014, Loveland, CO.
- Hitchner, Amy. “Cataloging on a Dime.” Presentation. Colorado Library Consortium Spring Workshop, Apr. 2011, Grand Junction, CO.
- American Library Association, member
- Association for Library Collections & Technical Services, member
- Cataloging and Metadata Management Section, member
- Colorado Association of Libraries, member