Joseph R. Kraus
Prior to joining the Arthur Lakes library as a reference librarian, Joseph was at the University of Denver Main Library from 1998 to 2016 where he served in two roles. He was the Science and Engineering Reference Librarian from 1998 to 2012 and then as an Electronic Resources/Collections Analysis Librarian from 2012 to 2016. Before that, he was the Engineering Librarian at George Mason University from 1995 to 1998.
Joseph has written numerous articles and presented on topics ranging from science journal usage, scholarly communication, library unconferences, and alternative metrics.
- Secondary Science Teaching License, Colorado State University – Global Campus, 2018
- M.L.S., University of Maryland, College Park, 1995
- B.S., Physics, Beloit College, 1989
Selected Publications & Presentations
- Open Science Initiative Working Group, Mapping the Future of Scholarly Publishing, 1st edition, Seattle: National Science Communication Institute, February 2015. http://nationalscience.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/OSI-report-Feb-20152.pdf (Contributor)
- Kraus Joseph R., Cash, Carrots, and Sticks: Open Access Incentives for Researchers (version 1). F1000Research 3:26. 2014. https://doi.org/10.12688/f1000research.5242.1
- Kraus, Joseph R., Altmetrics at Altitude: Attaining Higher Ground, Fall 2014 RMSLA Membership Meeting. Wednesday, October 29, 2014. https://www.slideshare.net/jokrausdu/altmetrics-at-altitude
- Kraus, Joseph R., and Kennedy, Marie, Walking the Walk: Starting Up and Cultivating Two Different Open Access Journals in LIS, Electronic Resources and Libraries (ER&L) Conference, March 18, 2014. https://www.slideshare.net/jokrausdu/walking-the-walk-for-erl-2014
- Taha, Mandy, and Kraus, Joseph R., The Citation of Open Access Resources by African Researchers in Corrosion Chemistry, Library Philosophy and Practice, Article 889, March 2013. https://digitalcommons.unl.edu/libphilprac/889/
- Cherubini, Timothy and Kraus, Joseph R., The Collaborative Face of Consortia: Collaborative Librarianship Interviews Timothy Cherubini, Director of East Region Programs, LYRASIS. Collaborative Librarianship 3(1):55-58, 2011. https://digitalcommons.du.edu/collaborativelibrarianship/vol3/iss1/7/