Head of Collection Management Services
Electronic Resources & Collections Assessment Librarian
Anna Seiffert is the Head of Collection Management Services as well as Electronic Resources & Collection Assessment Librarian at Arthur Lakes Library. She joined the Mines faculty in 2016 where she has worked on assessment, collection development & management, and the eResource lifecycle. Anna earned her M.L.S. at Indiana University and her B.A. from Purdue University. While in graduate school, she completed an internship at the Purdue University Virginia Kelly Karnes Archives and Special Collections Research Center. She currently serves on various regional and local committees including the Colorado Alliance of Research Libraries: Shared Collection Development Committee, Faculty Senate Library Committee, Open Educational Resources Committee, and the Arthur Lakes Library Technology Initiatives Committee. Prior to this position, Anna was the Electronic Resources Manager for Purdue University Libraries.
- M.L.S., Library & Information Science, Indiana University
- B.A., Anthropology & Art History, Purdue University
- Pascual, Laura, et al. “Communicating Collections: Strategies for Informing Library Stakeholders of Collections Budget & Management Decisions.” Purdue University Press, Proceedings of the 39th Annual Charleston Conference, 2020.
- Seiffert, Anna. “Open Book: A Librarian’s View.” Research Information, Feb/March 2020, pp. 10–11.
- Seiffert, Anna. “Quick and Dirty Weeding: How to Start and More Importantly, Actually Finish.” ALCTS CMS Midwinter Forum: Shaping Collections to Meet Diverse Needs. 2018 ALA Midwinter Meeting, 11 Feb. 2018, Denver, CO, Colorado Convention Center.
- Seiffert, Anna. “Moving Away From the Status Quo: Changing Database A-Z List Platforms.” Association of College and Research Libraries: New England Chapter. TERMS of Engagement: Managing Collections and Electronic Resources Lifecycles, 18 Nov. 2015, Cambridge, MA, Lesley University.
- American Library Association, member
- Association for Library Collections and Technical Services, member
- Acquisitions Section, member
- Collection Management Section, member
- Continuing Resources Section, member
- Association of College and Research Libraries, member
- Science and Technology Section, member
- Technical Services Interest Group, member
- University Libraries Section, member
- Colorado Alliance of Research Libraries, member
- Shared Collection Development Committee, Mines representative
- Colorado School of Mines:
- Faculty Senate Library Committee, member
- Open Educational Resources Steering Committee, member
- Library Leadership and Management Association, member