Head of Collection Management Services
Electronic Resources & Collections Assessment Librarian
Anna Seiffert is the Electronic Resources & Collection Assessment Librarian as well as the Head of Collection Management Services at Arthur Lakes Library. She joined the Mines faculty in 2016 where she has worked on assessment, collection development & management, and the eResource lifecycle. Anna earned her M.L.S. at Indiana University and her B.A. from Purdue University. While in graduate school, she was able to complete an internship at the Purdue University Virginia Kelly Karnes Archives and Special Collections Research Center. She currently serves on various regional and local committees including the Colorado Alliance of Research Libraries: Shared Collection Development Committee, Faculty Senate Library Committee, Arthur Lakes Library Assessment Committee, and Technology Initiatives Committee. Prior to this position, Anna was the Electronic Resources Manager for Purdue University Libraries.
- MLS – Indiana University
- BA – Purdue University
- Seiffert, Anna. “Digital Library Resources (MIT Recommendation 5).” Brown Bag Lecture. Envisioning the
Future of the Arthur Lakes Library, 18 Jan. 2017, Golden, CO, Colorado School of Mines
- Seiffert, Anna. “Electrical Engineering.” Arthur Lakes Library Guides, Colorado School of Mines, 16 Aug.
- Seiffert, Anna. “Library Budget Assessment.” Arthur Lakes Library Guides, Colorado School of Mines, 2
May 2017, libguides.mines.edu/librarybudget.
- Seiffert, Anna. “Moving Away From the Status Quo: Changing Database A-Z List Platforms.” Association
of College and Research Libraries: New England Chapter. TERMS of Engagement: Managing Collections
and Electronic Resources Lifecycles, 18 Nov. 2015, Cambridge, MA, Lesley University.
- Seiffert, Anna. “Quick and Dirty Weeding: How to Start and More Importantly, Actually Finish.” ALCTS
CMS Midwinter Forum: Shaping Collections to Meet Diverse Needs. 2018 ALA Midwinter Meeting, 11
Feb. 2018, Denver, CO, Colorado Convention Center.
- American Library Association, member
- Association for Library Collections and Technical Services, member
- Continuing Resources Section, member
- Acquisitions Section, member
- Collection Management Section, member
- Colorado Alliance of Research Libraries: Shared Collection Development Committee, Mines representative
- Colorado Association of Libraries, member
- Faculty Senate Library Committee, member