Acceptable Use of Electronic Resources
- Printing/downloading limited items (e.g., single article)
- Using the items for personal, instructional or research needs
- Limited sharing with other authorized Mines users (e.g., research group, study group)
- Posting links to specific content
- Downloading an excessive portion of a resource (e.g., entire journal issue, multiple full-text PDFs from a database, entire books). Publishers DO monitor and track web activity!
- Automatic or systematic downloading of content.
- Electronically transmitting online content to non-Mines persons.
- Posting full articles to Canvas or a public website.
- Commercial use. Electronic resources licensed to Mines are restricted to academic usage. Separate licenses, payments, and permissions would be required for commercial use.
- Sharing IDs and Passwords.
Terms and conditions for each electronic resource are generally available from a link on the resource/publisher site. If you have any questions about your intended use of the resource, please consult these terms or ask library staff for guidance.