Borrow and Renew
The Arthur Lakes Library is open to the public.
Who can check out material?
- Mines students, faculty, and staff with a valid BlasterCard.
- Members of the Alumni Association residing in Colorado.
- Patrons of libraries with reciprocal borrowing agreements.
- Patrons who purchase a membership.
- Individual Patron: $45.00
- Corporate Patrons:
2-5 cardholders $100.00
6-25 cardholders $500.00
26 plus cardholders $1,000.00
How long can materials be checked out?
- Undergraduate Students: 21 days (with 5 automatic renewals) for a maximum of 105 days.
- Graduate Students, Faculty and Staff: 60 days (with 5 automatic renewals) for a maximum of 300 days.
- All Others (Alumni, Mines Departments, Members, Reciprocal Borrowers): 21 days (with 3 automatic renewals) for a maximum of 63 days.
Any checked out item can be recalled by a Mines student, faculty or staff after 3 weeks.
How do I renew my books?
- When renewals are available and items have not been requested by someone else, library loans will be automatically renewed two days before the due date.
- Every month we’ll send you an email update with a list of the material you have checked out.
Note: items may be recalled at any time, which may prevent them from being renewed.
How many items can I check out?
- Mines community: 60 items
- Other patrons: 30 items
- Instructors place material “on reserve” for their students at the Front Desk.
- Check out times vary from 2 hours to 7 days.
- Fines for overdue reserve materials are $3.00/hour (maximum $10.00).
Office Book Delivery
Mailbox Delivery Service
We deliver books, maps and other “loanable” materials from the Mines Library to your campus mailbox.
To have material delivered, take the following steps:
- Find desired material in the Library Catalog
- Sign in to check if there are any request options available
- Under “Get It,” click the “Request It” pulldown menu for “Pickup Location”
- Select “Department Address” under “Office Delivery”
- The delivery location will be pulled from your campus record and will automatically be checked out to you
- Once your book is ready to be delivered, you will receive an email notice
You must be Mines faculty, staff or graduate student to use Library Express Office Delivery, and you must have a departmental mailbox. Books will not be delivered to individual offices.
Can’t find the items you need in the catalog? Use Interlibrary Loan Services.
- See the Library Front Desk
- Email us
Why can’t I check out or renew materials?
- Your books are more than 30 days overdue.
- You have fines of $5.00 or more.
- Another patron has requested an item you have checked out.
Refer to the Check Out Policies and Course Reserve Policies for further information.
Check Out Policies
You are responsible for all items checked out on your library card. You must have a valid library card (your BlasterCard) with you to check out material. Notify the library of lost cards and changes to your address, email or phone number.
- Late fines are assessed at $0.25/day.
- Late fines on recalled material are $1.00/day.
- After 30 days an overdue book is declared lost and the replacement cost or $100.00 (whichever is greater) is charged to your account.
- Mines’ students will have a hold placed on their account if fines or fees exceed $5.00.
- Faculty/staff will be billed for the cost of the book.
- Other patrons will be referred to the Colorado State Central Collection Services after efforts to collect the materials have failed.
- Materials can be returned to the Front desk during open hours or dropped in the Book Drop by the Front Doors.
- Books may also be returned through the Courier system at participating libraries.
- Your book will not be checked in until it reaches this Library so allow time for delivery.
- You are responsible for any loss during transit.
- All checked out material can be requested by a Mines’ student or faculty/staff member.
- A Hold request will give you a full loan period but no renewals. A Recall request may shorten your loan period to 21 days.
- You will be notified by email of the new due date.
- Materials are sensitized to set off security alarms at the Library entrances. Items from other libraries, purchases from book stores, or video tapes will also set off alarms.
- It the alarm goes off when you are entering or leaving the Library please go to the Front Desk for assistance.