- Current Mines students, faculty, and staff
- Current Library members
- Mines Alumni Association (CSMAA) members who are residents of Colorado and hold a Mines Library Card
Make a Request
- Check the Library catalog to see if Mines has the item
- Check our regional catalog, Prospector to see if we can get the item from a local library
- Then make a request via:
- Request form
- E-Mail, phone or fax – Include the complete citation and your personal information (name, contact phone number, CWID and email address)
Find an interesting article in your favorite database? Check for the “Request via Interlibrary Loan” feature to order that article immediately.
Interlibrary Loan FAQs
Q: How do I know the status of my request?
A: Log into your ILLiad account to see see the status of your current requests.
Q: Will I be contacted if my request isn’t filled?
A: Yes, we’ll contact you via email to let you know what happened.
Q: How long can I borrow materials for?
A: Loan periods vary depending on the loaning library’s policy. The due date will be prominently located on each item you borrow.
Q: Can I renew items?
A: Some items can be renewed. Contact the Interlibrary Loan office to check.
Q: Can I borrow a Mines Thesis or Special Collections items?
A: No, but we will work with you on options. Complete our For-fee Digitization request form to request a copy of these items.
Q: Will interlibrary loan cost me money?
A: Most Mines community members will get their interlibrary loan items for free. We will notify you if there is a cost before we complete the order.
Q: Will there be a cost for Alumni or Members?
A: Yes, there is a $10.00/item charge in addition to any other charges for your order.
Q: How can I pay for my interlibrary loan order?
A: We accept cash, checks and major credit cards. Mines community–You can charge your order to your department with the fund manager’s signature. International requests–All orders must be pre-paid; we don’t accept wire transfers.
Other Users and Libraries
For other libraries and individuals who are not Qualified Borrowers (see “Basic Information” above) –We provide materials from the Arthur Lakes Library collection to requesters in the US and internationally.
- Please email your request to email@example.com.
- There may be a charge (see FAQ “How can I pay…?”); and sales tax may be applied.
- Delivery is via U. S. Postal Service (free) or Federal Express (additional charges apply).
- U.S. Postal Service (standard)
- Federal Express (additional shipping charge)