Check Out Policy
- You are responsible for all items checked out on your library card.
- You must have a valid library card (your BlasterCard) with you to check out material.
- Notify the library of lost cards and changes to your address, email or phone number.
- Late fines are assessed at $0.25/day.
- Late fines on recalled materials are $1.00/day.
- After 30 days an overdue book is declared lost and the replacement cost or $100.00 (whichever
is greater) is charged to your account.
- Mines’ students will have a hold placed on their account if fines or fees exceed $5.00.
- Faculty/staff will be billed for the cost of the book.
- Other patrons will be referred to the Colorado State Central Collection Services after efforts to collect the materials have failed.
- Material can be returned to the Front desk during open hours or dropped in the Book Drop by
the Front Doors.
- Books may also be returned through the Courier system at participating libraries. Your book will
not be checked in until it reaches this library so allow time for delivery.
- You are responsible for any loss during transit.
- All checked out material can be requested by a Mines’ student or faculty/staff member.
- A Hold request will give you a full loan period but no renewals.
- A Recall request may shorten your loan period to 21 days. You will be notified by email of the
new due date.
- Instructors can place materials “on reserve” for their students at the Front Desk
- Check out times vary from 2 hours to 7 days
- Fines for overdue reserve materials are $3.00/hour (maximum $10.00).
- Materials are sensitized to set off security alarms at the library entrances.
- Items from other libraries, purchases from bookstores, or videotapes will also set off alarms.
- If the alarm goes off when you are entering or leaving the library please go to the Front Desk to
have your belongings checked.