Digital User Experience Librarian
Serving as the Digital User Experience Librarian, Adam helps maintain and improve Arthur Lakes Library webpresence. He also conducts user experience and usability studies to help improve the user experience, especially in digital spaces. Adam is interested in expanding usability studies to areas beyond the library website to help improve the user experience in other areas.
Before coming to Mines, Adam worked at Western Carolina University and Kennesaw State University, where he maintained the library web presence and conducted usability studies.
- M.L.S. (Digital Library Specialization), Indiana University
- M.A. History (Ancient History Focus), Indiana University
- B.A. History, University of Georgia
Selected Publications And Presentations
- Olsen, A. “Physical library usability study LSTA grant,” Sponsored by LSTA, $9,310.00 (May 2022 – December 2022).
- Olsen, A., Marchesoni J. ER&L 2021, “Website Accessibility Audit and Remedy: How to create accessible library web pages.” (March 8-11, 2021).
- Olsen, A. “Summon user experience: A study of the Summon laptop and mobile interface.” College and University Libraries, 2020.
Olsen, A. Georgia Libraries Conference 2017 “Using Web Usability Assessments to Improve Library Website Design.